blog post #8

I really liked working on my educational website for the web design assignment! I love creating and designing, so assignments like these aren't even really assignments for me, more like fun projects and a nice break from essays and discussions. Making things look aesthetically pleasing  I really enjoyed working with weebly as well, and when I logged in, I actually found an old website that I had to make in middle school for my technology class! It was about my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold (to this day, they're still my favorite!) and I think it was pretty good for a middle schooler! Working on this web design assignment allowed me to utilize my creativity while providing a place for my students and their guardians to access course information and important resources. If I were to teach at the K-12 level, I could definitely see myself using these skills to create a webpage for my students, and weebly would most likely be the platform that I would use since it's so user-friendly and lets the user be as creative as they please with the layout and design. Here's the link to my website, along with some screenshots!
 
                                                    francescatabana.weebly.com


Working with Diigo has not been nearly as fun, but I will admit that it actually has been quite useful for me. Outside of the participation portfolio assignments, I've been privy to using the annotation functions on my desktop at work where it is still installed. The one major thing that I don't like is that there isn't a way to have the Diigo application on my macbook. Honestly, I don't think that I personally would use Diigo again, although I do see its utility in group work settings. Maybe if I were to be in a professional group where I had to collect materials with others and annotate them perhaps for a research project, Diigo could be particularly useful in being able to work collaboratively. But, I could also just use Google Docs, which is something that more people have access to and experience using. 

In this day and age, technology and professional development go hand-in-hand. We are taught to be hyper-cognizant of what we share on social media because of how people can trace it back to us when we are applying for professional positions. Not only this, but technology plays a large role in connecting us with others in our field and keeping us up-to-speed with new and improved practices and relevant tools/resources. One site that I found in my search of informational resources to keep on top of the technological trends in education was elearningindustry.com. On this site, there were articles, free resources, webinars, etc. all dedicated towards educational technology. This is just one source that I found, but it seems to be credible and a source that many other educators could benefit from including in their network. 



 

Comments

  1. Hey Francesca,
    To begin, I absolutely love your website. It is very neat yet still eye catching. I love how you included a picture of where you took your psychology classes at fsu, I thought that was a cool little feature to add. From seeing it from the outside I can just tell the amount of work you put into making sure your website didn't look "busy" but also making sure it had all of the information needed in order for your overall website to come out great. In all , I loved it and would recommend it to a fellow peer who may be as interested in Psychology as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Francesca,
    I really love the website. Everyhting is so eloquent and is laid out nicely. The colors are very nice together and I like the muted palette you chose. I also like the design of the boxes with new posts and updates. Overall I think this is a sound website and an easy one to navigate as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Francesca, I found your website extremely cozy to peruse through! You did a an absolutely marvelous job of obtaining an extremely comfortable feeling environment that both other teachers and students can use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Francesca! Truthfully, your website is beautiful! It is so aesthetically appealing and clean. I know if I had you as a teacher when I was younger I would feel like your class was a safe space. The design is eye catching, but not flashy and everything is aligned in perfect proximity. I can tell from looking at your website that you put a lot of effort into making it look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts